Add Live Chat to your Joomla Website
With the Joomla Live Chat Extension, you can interact with your Joomla site visitors from either Microsoft Teams or Slack. Collect pre-sales information from your website visitors in Joomla, send quick replies for fast chat responses, and customize your live chat settings to match the look and feel of your Joomla website.
In this article, we'll show you how to easily add a live chat plugin to Joomla. You can either use our live chat Joomla extension as in option 1 below or you can simply copy your code snippet from our chat settings directly into your Joomla web template as in option 2 below.
Option 1. Use the Joomla Live Chat plugin by Social Intents
- First go to the Live Support Chat by Social Intents in the Joomla Plugin directory and download the Joomla extension.
- Log into your Joomla admin console and head to
Extensions → Extension Manager.
Installon the top left, then
Upload & Install Joomla Extension. Select the downloaded extension.
- Then, go to
Extensions → Module Manager. Click
Newbutton on the top left, choose the chat plugin from the list.
- Copy the Api Key from your Social Intents live chat widget settings and copy this into the Api Key field.
- All set!
Option 2. Manually copy the Live Chat code snippet into Joomla
- Log into your Joomla admin panel and go to
- Select the site template which you use in the template list.
index.phpin the menu on the right.
- Scroll template code to the
</head>tag in the code editing tab.
- Copy the your live chat code snippet from Social Intents.
- Go back to the Joomla page and paste the widget code before
</head>tag and press the
- All set!